Model making is a quintessentially creative activity that combines creativity with aesthetics. Clay modeling and processing techniques are very rich and flexible, and producers can use various modeling techniques to express their ideas. The handling of the relationship between form and space can not only express the designer’s understanding, induction, exaggeration and extension of the natural form, but also express the designer’s feeling and cognition of the state of social life. In terms of expression, clay sculpture can also express various forms of language, such as simple, natural, elegant, quiet, heavy, aesthetic and so on. Such a huge creative space can, to a large extent, encourage creators to constantly search for creative elements from nature, life and other art types, so as to have a deeper understanding of design elements such as spatial relationships, muscle surfaces, shapes, and volumes.
The process of making a clay model is usually divided into several steps, and the successful completion of each step requires the help of corresponding equipment and tools. According to the requirements of professional mold manufacturing in industrial design, this article introduces the following equipment and tools.
(1) Workbench. Clay is produced first, and then mud is kneaded. Sometimes mud strips, mud tablets, etc. need to be made, which requires a large table. The desktop is made of wood, because wood has a certain water absorption rate, and it is not easy for clay to stick to the desktop.
(2) Vacuum mud drilling rig. The slurry is conveyed into the hopper of the coal mill. It is crushed, kneaded and mixed with a discontinuous spiral knife in the groove, then pushed into the nose cuff at the front end. As the flow area of the nozzle sleeve decreases, the mud material is squeezed out, and the gas contained and attached to the mud is sucked out by the vacuum pump. After handling and shaping the air-free clay, the model will not crack due to the expansion of the gas during the subsequent firing process.
(3) Casting machinery: Wire drawing machine is the main power equipment for manual wire drawing, mainly used for manufacturing and decorating concentric circular model products such as cylinders and cones. Traditional die-casting machines are mainly driven by rods or feet, but now die-casting machines are It is driven by a motor, and the speed can be adjusted, which is very suitable.
(4) Turntable. Turntables are very common in modeling, and many materials can be used to make models. There are two types of turntables: electric turntables and manual turntables.
(5) Sculpture knife. Generally, a complete set of sales is sold on the market, and there are five specifications. In addition to various round shapes, there are sharp, round, and equal. Look at various shapes. If they are used differently, they can be used for plastic molding, such as scraping and engraving. For soil accumulation, mining, cutting, etc., the model factory can make reasonable use of its own business habits.