What materials are needed for architectural model making？
Here are some materials that can be used for architectural model making:
- Cardboard or card stock comes in various colors and finishes, and is easy to cut and shape. Paper mache may also be a suitable material to work with.
- Balsa wood is a common material used for model construction. It is easy to cut, available in a variety of weights, and relatively cheap to purchase. Basswood is another type of material used often in model making, and is great for carving and other wood crafts.
- Foam sheets come in a variety of thicknesses and are easy to cut and sturdy.
- Cork sheets are more flexible and easier to handle than foam boards. They can also provide an element of texture to your model.
- Metal is great for building structures and demonstrating finishes on your model. Aluminum or copper are popular metals to use for architectural models.